Pages

February 6, 2010

Scrapbook Saturday - Autumn

I share with you one of my favorite creations - at least one of the most recently created.

I created this one completely from scratch over the Christmas break. The "Autumn" was an embellishment I found at Michaels (on clearance I might add) and really wanted that to be my focal point.

I started with the green background and then cut my next layer to an 11x11 size... and my third layer was 10x10. I then took my favorite photo and matted it with an orange paper.

The other two pictures I cut down to the same size and then matted them as well with the same orange paper.

Next to the "Autumn", I used stickers to add the year, and then found an embellishment that said "just patchy". At this point I was stumped. I was looking for more embellishments and nothing was quite right. I then started playing with a few scraps I had from my 11x11 layer.

I meant to take the 11" scrap and trim it down to 10", making it the same length as my "cream" layer, but apparently I trimmed a little too much. So I cut it down to about 9", and used it as a divider of sorts.

Then I trimmed even more scraps and added it at the bottom. Giving it a great finishing touch.

Cans for Comments ends tomorrow - I had 28 total posts my first go-round, and this time I'm only up to 17. That means I need 11 to at least tie for the Thanksgiving food drive. That's 11 by tomorrow. Show some love. Leave a comment on any post you find on this site. Help me feed the hungry.

2 comments:

  1. I love this layout.

    Helen and I are throwing around ideas that include a weekend meetup in Chicago SANS kids for scrapping fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the cans drive!! I think it's great!

    ReplyDelete