Pages

February 10, 2010

Souper Bowl Cans for Comments Recap

Another great big thank you to all of you who commented on this blog last week. I was turning each of your comments into a non-perishable food item for the local food bank - in a Cans for Comments Souper Bowl food drive.

Here's the result.
Twenty-three items in all - and I will be delivering this to the food bank donation site later this week. My cousin also offered to match my donations, so more food will be distributed food banks in Wisconsin. That's 46 food items for families in need.

And not only did I raise 23 comments, but my friend Helen who started this drive raised more than 60 cans.. which was matched by some of her readers. And other followers held drives of their own.

So here a small contribution to a big problem faced around the country. Hopefully this small step will lead to big things - well happy tummies at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment