Pages

April 2, 2010

Who Said Moms Can Get Sick?

Well this has been a "fun" last few days.  I started to get sick Wednesday afternoon, and my fever quickly climbed from 100.9 to 103.3.

Thursday I couldn't hold anything down from the hours of midnight to about 9am.  A trip to the doctor only gave me the disappointing news that I have a flu/virus and I need to ride it out.  In other words, no drugs to make it all go away.

Later that afternoon the fever climbed to 105. SoI dragged myself out of bed - very unwillingly I may add - to the shower to try and bring the temp down.  I managed to bring it down about 2 degrees immediately so I popped more Advil and fell back to sleep.

Poor Drew comes home and just doesn't understand why I won't get out of bed and play with him.  Although he did bring a little something he made home from day care and it did have some healing power - a little Easter Egg that he painted.  Very sweet!

Today the fever is down a bit - ranging anywhere from 100 - 102, but I have a sore throat from hell right now!  I desperately began looking for relief in the medicine cabinets for some throat spray or lozenges.  I managed to find the last one in the house... I think Dave will be making yet another CVS run today.  Poor guy.  He has had to deal with a lot the last few days, but he's a trooper.  Now if only Drew would cooperate for him....

And since this post is such a downer, here's a cute picture of Drew Ms Stephanie sent me yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. Yuck! I can just sense how bad you feel from this post. I hope the next few days go by fast and you feel better by Easter. At least you're holding food down now? This is your one big sickie for the year. Maybe a good time to watch movies, sleep, research scrapbooking, and waste major time dilly-dallying on the computer?

    ReplyDelete