Pages

April 14, 2010

Daddy & Drew Days

For the past few days I've been on the road working.  So that means Daddy is also playing "Mr. Mom" taking Drew to/from day care and doing all the daily duties.  He does so quite willingly and very little complaining.

I remember when I was pregnant worrying about these work trips and how Dave would handle my not being there.  I have to hand it to him - he handles it well.

So well in fact, he managed to have a little "chat" with Drew and low-and-behold there was an accident free day on Monday!  I guess there was some promising to see "spinners", ride on a train, a lollipop and to see some animals.  Hey, whatever works right?  Unfortunately it didn't go so well yesterday.

I get to talk to my boys when I call in the evenings.  I try to make it before Drew goes to bed, but not always am I lucky (I was this past trip).  And Drew lucks out and gets to sleep in the "big bed" with Daddy.  You know, a little something special.

Little does Drew know that in a few days he gets the royal treatment again.  Perhaps Daddy could have another little "chat" with him to ensure more accident free days, and some extra good behavior for when Mommy returns?  What are the chances of that one?

1 comment: