Pages

April 10, 2010

Scrapbook Saturday - Ren Faire

I had a collection of photos from various Renaissance Faires we've been to over the years, and I've been meaning to put this page together for a while.  I finally got around to it a few weekends ago when I was scrapping with my friend Lisa.


I was sifting through a few scrapbook magazines to try and find a layout I liked.  I took an idea from one and created this.  I took one color background paper, and then liked up the photos to cut them down to 4x4 (except the 2 pictures on the bottom) and then placed them on the background to give it a border effect.

Then I tried to find a renaissance kind of style paper, and cut it down to fit the open space - which I intentionally left for such a purpose.  This was the part of the magazine layout I saw and "borrowed".  Unfortunately I cut the paper a bit too short, and my "border" effect no longer fit.

So I took a scrap from the same "renaissance faire" themed paper and cut out a little piece, and tacked it on to the left edge.  So you may have thought it was intentional had I not spilled the beans on my dirty little secret.

Finally I just stamped on the word Ren Faire.

However I felt like it was missing something, and Lisa mentioned I needed something journaled on there.  So I tried to find a piece of paper, and then got a stamp that looked like a Ren Faire era tag, and Journaled my notes.

Not bad.  It was the one page of the day that took the longest to make, despite it looking so simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment