Pages

April 15, 2010

Retro Night

On Saturday night Dave and I handed Drew off to my parents because I was heading to Southern California for work and Dave had to usher at Church the next morning.  Since we were at a birthday party in a city half-way between us, my Mom drove out to meet us and we passed off the kid.

So what do two parents do with their childless situation?  Well Dave was watching baseball on TV of course, and I happened to take a 3 hour nap.  I can't remember the last time I took that kind of a nap and wasn't sick!  For the record I only meant to go to our room, and warm up and read.  I emerged 3 hours later.  Oops.

We had planned to go out to dinner and use a gift card we got for Christmas so it was nice to visit the restaurant where we both met - Red Lobster.  Lobsterfest - mmmmm.

Afterward we googled for a place to go bowling.  Sure enough there was one a few blocks down the street!  So we bowled three games and a little more than half-way through it was what they call "Millennium Bowl" - they dim the lights and throw on some music videos.  It wasn't like the Disco Bowling I remember from the old days... but it was fine.


We then finished the night in the bar watching a karaoke contest.  Oh and watching Dave get hit on by 2 old lady bartenders! HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment