Pages

April 8, 2010

Date Night

Softball season has started for Dave - so every Monday & Wednesday I'm a softball widow.  Last night's game was a 6pm game, and at 1am Dave still wasn't home.  Get my drift?  Softball widow.

So Drew and I made the most of the start for the season, and we had a date night.  Drew got to pick the restaurant of choice - I was thinking IHOP since kids eat free after 4pm... but Drew REALLY wanted Applebees.

He really loves that place.  So we had a great date night, just Drew and Mama.  What a great kid he was!  I love these moments - when he's polite, funny and just a plain old good kid.  Of course dinner took 2 hours since he savored his chicken and french fries, but he gobbled them up!  We came home had a bath, and then watched YouTube (his request) for a bit before bed.

As an extra special treat he got to fall asleep in our bed with me last night.  Just a great evening with my little punkin' head. 

1 comment:

  1. Applebees! Luke first and only time experiencing Applebees was in KC. His new favorite restaurant. He keeps talking about Applebees. I forget we have one very close to us. I need to take him.
    Your date night sounds like it was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete