Pages

May 22, 2009

What you do when you're childless for a week...

We're looking forward to seeing Drew tonight at the campsite! But it has me thinking - what did we really do for the week without him?

Sure Grammy stepped in to help us out because I had to travel to Kansas City for work - which ended up being cut short a day due to an illness by my co-worker. And Daddy couldn't manage all the day care drop-offs and pick-ups due to a busy work schedule, and softball two nights this past week.

So while most parents jump at the opportunity at a week of no kids, here how we "celebrated".

  • Sunday - after dropping Drew off we went to dinner & a movie
  • Monday - I traveled, Dave worked & played softball
  • Tuesday - I traveled home and Dave laid around the house, presumably watching sports
  • Wednesday - After work I did some pleasure reading, Dave played softball
  • Thursday - caught up on a few TV shows, did laundry, started packing and made a trip to the Library
  • Friday - we're going camping

You'd think we'd have done something more exciting! Well now that I think about it, sleeping in every morning has been wonderful...

No comments:

Post a Comment