Pages

May 30, 2009

It Runs in the Family

We haven't made any headway in the move to get Drew to fall asleep in his own bed. Right now it's still in our bed, and we transfer him to his own crib. On Wednesday night while Daddy was playing softball, Drew immediately stopped playing and walked into the hallway and said "bed".

I was catching up on some shows in our DVR and was so involved in one particular episode, I asked if Drew would lay down on the couch for a minute (great mom huh, putting my desires before his). No go. So we go into our room and he falls asleep.

The trick with Drew is you can't transfer him to his crib too soon, or the results are disastrous. So I left him in our room while I finished watching the show. I finally crawl into bed, and he looks so peaceful so I decided Daddy can do the transfer when he gets home from Softball.

I cuddle up to Drew, and he turns over and starts talking in his sleep. He mumbles something and then clear as day he says - "Stop Sign". I just laugh at my sleeping baby boy and his dreams of stop signs.

I believe he was dreaming about some flashcards Ms. Stephanie does with him that has shapes on it - one of which is an octagon which is of course then shown as a stop sign. My boy loves his flashcards!

The next morning I was telling Dave about the sleep talking episode, and he said Drew did the same thing earlier in the week. Said "stop sign" as well.

Yes, I talk in my sleep, and according to the Wikipedia article, this trait is hereditary. In fact 50% of kids will talk in their sleep before puberty. And only 4% of adults do - guess I am one of the lucky minority (or is Dave because I will wake him up talking, but be sound asleep when I do).

No comments:

Post a Comment