Pages

May 19, 2009

KC Momvention

For current updates at Camp Grammy, be sure to check out their web page here.

Greetings from Kansas City! One of the benefits of traveling for work, I'm able to meet some of my online Mommy friends. On Monday night I met Helen and Amy for dinner. Earlier that day I was able to enjoy the company of Helen's triplet boys.


I've mentioned this group of fabulous girls before, but we all chat online daily (or close to) about everything from our kids, husbands and everything else in between. About 90% of us have been posting to the same Weight Watchers group since we found out we were pregnant (or adopting), and the remaining members joined us after they had their little ones.

With all of us scattered around the country, I've been fortunate to meet a number of them in my work travels (most recently was another Mommy & Son last month at the SF Zoo, her travel not mine).

It's just a great gathering of girls from different background, parenting beliefs and practices - and they are all a wonderful sounding board. Since they forgot to give me the parenting manual at the hospital after having Drew, it's nice to talk to others who have kids exactly the same age (current kid ages range from about 21-18 months),and are going through almost the same exact experiences .

Now if only we could all live within driving distance to each other...

2 comments:

  1. If we lived within driving distance of each other we'd never get anything done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But think of all the play dates :)

    ReplyDelete