Pages

March 5, 2010

We Have a Sickie

We have a sickie in our midst, and finally for once it's not Drew!  Dave has had a cough for several weeks, and on Tuesday he stayed home from work, saying he didn't sleep well the night before. 

Then he said he wanted to stay home again on Wednesday, and HE suggested he wanted to make a Doctor's appointment.  Mr. "I-never-want-to-go-to-the-doctor-and-deal-with-the-co-pay-or-anything-they-tell-me".  So I knew it must be bad, if he actually wants to be seen. Dave goes, and then calls with the update.

Diagnosis: Pneumonia.  Lovely. 

No work the remainder of the week.  No contact with Drew or I.  And they were concerned because he had a fever.  If the fever kept up our weekend plans were in jeopardy. 

I could see my hopes of a fun, kid-free weekend dissipating before my eyes.  Instead, I had images of a kid-free weekend, and me playing nursemaid.  (Sure, I'm worried about Dave's health, and all, but darn it, I needed a day to relax and let loose.  So judge if you must, but I did have a selfish thought cross my mind.  At least I'm honest about it right?)

The good news, is the medicine they gave Dave started working immediately.  His fever has seemed to disappear, and he's still himself.  That was never an issue, just the pesky cough.  So it looks like we'll still have our fun weekend!  Whew.

3 comments:

  1. No judging here! Hope you still get to have your fun, kid-free weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you may have noticed, I did not need any special attention or requests. I have been able to take care of myself and we are going to have a fun yet relaxing weekend to ourselves... Unless you want me out of the picture and you want to be by yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, poor Dave. I'll tell ya', I'm no Florence Nightengale. When Jeff is sick I have zero sympathy...I think I use up all my patience at work with patients and with my kids...there's no more for Jeff. So I get it. I hope he's well enough for you guys to get away. Pneumonia is no fun...get better Dave!

    ReplyDelete