Pages

March 26, 2010

Sucker Punch

Drew is rather aggressive when he's not getting his way.  For several months now he's thrown punches in the direction of the kids at day care.  Every time he does, he's banished to the upstairs bedrooms into a Pack 'n Play.  The punishment used to really bother Drew, but in recent days he now just waits for Ms. Stephanie to get him out, and he goes back to his aggressive tendencies.

I'm not sure what more to do with him.  He received numerous Time Outs when we were in Kansas City for doing the same thing.  I know a lot of that was that he was overtired and on stimulation overload - but that still doesn't excuse the behavior that deserved punishment.

So last night he took his aggression out through proper channels.
Yes my little "Rocky" is now throwing the punches (and kicks) toward his Spiderman Punching bag.  This isn't a new thing, as he's had this up and at his disposal since around his second birthday.  It was just rather timely that he brought it out to the front room to begin beating up Spidey.

What more can you do to punish the hitting?  I'm at my wits end with it.

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure about that one...that is a tricky issue to parent/punish. How about "an eye for an eye?" Of course I am just kidding. I am pretty sure it is just a phase though but you will still need to keep up with some kind of punishment so he knows it's wrong. Little stinker!

    ReplyDelete