Pages

March 20, 2010

Scrapbook Saturday - Turning 2 Times 2

Two Birthday Parties were thrown for our 2-year-old this year, and that inspired the title for this spread.

The left side is from the party here at home, on his birthday, and the right side is from his LA party.  I wanted to get as many photos onto this spread as possible trying to keep the quantity of photos even.  So I just trimmed 3 photos from each party and put them down the center of the page - they're 4x4 squares.

The words "Turning" and "Times" I used the Cricut to cut out the squares and their shadow.  then I stamped on the letters.  The background paper was a redish color, and then I had a yellow/plaid colored paper that I used for the outsides.  It was hard for me to get the color I wanted since the parties had different themes - Wiggles for NorCal and Cars for SoCal.

The "2's" were quite the pain.  I was able to use the Cricut for the "2" but the shadow I had to free-hand.  Apparently the Cricut  didn't like the shadow size for the numbers.  It just kept beeping at me.  Oh well.  It worked out.

Finally I had a few embellishments from a kit I used when Drew was born that had birthday presents, and then used a few eyelets for pg 2.  

No comments:

Post a Comment