Pages

March 8, 2010

Party Bus

It was a much overdo child-free weekend for Dave and I.  On Friday night we met my Mom in Walnut Creek and made the switch.  She took Drew and we got to go out on a date!  I can't remember the last time we saw a movie!

So Dave and I sped off to see "Avatar" in 3-D.  WOW!  Was that ever awesome.  We then had drinks and appetizers at Applebees.  To our surprise it was Happy Hour after 9pm.  NICE.  Of course we're old and we were home and in bed by around 10:30pm.

Saturday, we had the luxury of enjoying sleeping in - well not really sleeping in, but at least we were able to lounge around in bed without someone yelling at you to get up and feed them, or get juice or put on a movie...

Then that's when the fun began - we were meeting Dave's friend for a Birthday Party Bus trip to Napa & Sonoma!  Our first stop, V. Sattui in Napa.  The last time I was there - was 10 years ago, so it was nice to see the old place again.  It was the last winery in Napa to charge for their tastings.

 
  

From Napa, we hopped back on the bus and ventured over toward Sonoma, for our next two wineries.  Jacuzzi and Cline. At our first of the two wineries, Jacuzzi we managed to get a few group shots of us.  Obviously our bus driver wasn't much of a photographer... but hey it works.

 
 
 
  

Jacuzzi had some good wines - very much Italian influenced.  And best yet, the tasting was free!  As was their sister winery across the street, Cline Cellars.  I have to say I was impressed with the Cline wines.  For one they were reasonably priced, and two they had a lot to choose from.  Growing up in Antioch, I knew a lot of the grapes were grown over there.  So I guess it's a bit of "home".  

I only snapped one decent shot at that winery..
 
 
After Cline we had the whole drive home to party!  Beers were flowing, music was jamming and well we were all getting crazy!
 
Yes that would be my husband doing the moonwalk on the moving bus.  He managed to get everyone fired up with all the music and shenanigans.

 
 
 
It was a great day, and it didn't end after we got off the bus.  We had some pizza at the Birthday Boy's house and then went to Dave's favorite local watering hole.  It was at said watering hole that I made some big mistakes.  Like playing beer pong.
I'm in my 30's and I haven't learned my lesson about mixing drinks or getting involved in drinking games that I have no business playing.  Needless to say it was a rough night and morning.  I recovered long enough to go out to Grammy and GrampC's to pick up our little man.  I was great to see him again.
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a fun weekend. You're right. It was nice to have a weekend by ourselves. Good Times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cracking up at the end of your post!

    ReplyDelete