Pages

January 27, 2010

Translation Please?

Drew has his own lingo for a few things - and it often takes us a while to figure out what the heck he's talking about. Here are a few examples and translations where we have them:

  • "Big Slide, Little Slide" - Translation: the hill near our house
  • "Happy Birthday Rabbit" - Translation: Hoops & Yoyo Birthday cards
  • "I'm going to bust you up" - Translation: Watch out Daddy, here I come
  • "I go see spinners and animals" - Translation: he wants to see windmills on the hills, and the sheep near Ms. Stephanie's house. One thing we haven't figured out yet, is why when we talk about his "school" he always says "I go see spinners and animals".
  • "I go find green balls" - Translation: He wants to pick off my flower buds in the backyard
  • "I wanna do clap" - Translation: Lay down daddy because I want to jump on top of you
  • "Mommy I carry you" - Translation - Pick me up Mommy
  • "I had ickies" - Translation - Drew puked
  • "That's disgusting" - Translation - Usually means he has a booger on his finger
  • "I make water" - Translation - I'm going #1 in the potty
  • "I watch pepsi" - Translation - forget about what you're doing on the computer, and please put on YouTube, so I can watch myself
  • "I want a breakfast cookie" - Translation - I'll have a Nutrigrain bar please
And there you have it, the Drew to English "dictionary".

1 comment: