Pages

January 23, 2010

Scrapbook Saturday - Dirt

What toddler boy doesn't love dirt right? Mine seems to really attract it when we go camping! Here are two separate pages that I've put together with a Dirty Theme:

This page is my more "recent" creation. As in within the past 4-5 months. I made it pretty simple. Took green paper, matted the photos with an orange paper, and used cut out the "mounds of dirt" from another 12x12 paper I had that was designed for boys.

The artwork and journal page was from another sheet of 12x12 paper that had a plethora of ideas and things on both sides. (I've found Jazzy Crafts in Castro Valley to be a great place for some paper - although a little more expensive compared to Michaels).

A side note about this page.. this was from the camping trip where Drew burned his hands - less than 24 hours later we were in the ER.

And now for the second "dirty" page...


This is kind of a fun page I thought... I took a layout I saw in a magazine and just made it my own. The only thing that I kept from the magazine idea - the individual letters that were held to the page with eyelets (I love my crop-a-dile, and I found oodles of eyelets on Ebay).

So the "Dirrrrrty" was just stamped letters on cut out paper. The background paper is from a package of paper I got for Christmas (a la Costco I believe) last year. I then put another layer of paper, and then a 3rd layer for some dimension, color and bordering.

I have a tool I LOVE too for rounding the corners on the pictures... I got the rounder thingy (who knows what the actual term is) from a Creative Memories party I went to last Christmas. I LOVE this thing!

The "explore" embellishment is from a package I had of various travel and family designs & words. I then just journaled on the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment