Pages

January 9, 2010

Scrapbook Saturday - Summer Fever

I'm resurrecting something I started last Summer - a Scrapbook Saturday entry. I'm hoping I can accomplish a few things by doing so:

  1. Show off my "masterpieces"
  2. Offer a few ideas your way
  3. Give you an extra post every week
  4. Force myself to scrapbook more!
I absolutely love to scrap, my issue is finding time. So by sharing a page or two with you every Saturday, I hope to revive my hobby. I mean there will come a point I need to make another page or two to share right?

For today's resurgence of Scrapbook Saturday I'll bring some "warm weather" memories to those of you freezing throughout the country... Fourth of July pages.

Here is my most recent 4th Holiday page:

This is one of my recently done favorite pages. Of course I did this probably 4 months ago or so..

I took an idea I found in a magazine and customized it. Trying to stick with the Red, White & Blue, I journaled on the white pages - descriptions of who was there, what we did etc. Then found a few pictures that would be best for Drew's eventual toddler scrapbook.

The artwork is from an old scrapbook desk calendar. I also used a few star eyelets to hold down the Location tab, and up at the top, those are Star brads I found in the Target $1 section.

Now to take you to the page I did for Drew's first year scrapbook from July 4th 2008:


This page I put together more than a year ago... and is one of my favorites in his 1st year scrapbook. I really liked the flag paper I think I found at JoAnn's, but it looked too busy when I put the pictures flat against it.

So I took some dark blue cardstock, and then distressed each of the photo edges. For where I have my journaling, I took a knife and cut a picture of Drew out. I think this one came together rather nicely for not having a clue what to do in the beginning.

1 comment:

  1. I love all the journaling you did on the most recent 4th of July page! You fit a lot on there, but because of the boxes it looks so neat and uncluttered.

    ReplyDelete