Pages

January 25, 2010

Look Who's A Big Boy Now

Look who's a big boy now! That's right my baby is now in a big boy bed!

This is a work in progress - as we are going to pain the rails in the center of the head/foot boards some sort of "baseball" colors, and the knobs on each corner will transform into a baseball as well. We are just waiting to locate some accessories that "scream" baseball.

Unfortunately there isn't much (affordable or age appropriate) on the market at the moment. I'm hoping things change once baseball season hits in a few months.

He looks so small when he sleeps in his new bed. My baby is growing up.

So there's some drama as to how this bed came together - I share it because I'm hoping Dave can laugh at it now....

On Saturday morning while Dave was putting this together, Drew and I stopped over at GG's for a bit. We finally had a break in the week-long rain, and Daddy thought despite feeling a little under the weather he'd take advantage of a kid free house and get this bed together.

Drew and I got back shortly before this task was completed. The last task - to get the board for the mattress to rest on... So off to Home Depot Daddy went. When he left the skies were clear (see where I'm going with this?), and when he left Home Depot not 15 minutes later it started sprinkling. Now we live a whopping 1 mile at most from Home Depot - and in the time it took Dave to tether the board to the top of the car and get home - it started pouring!

I open the door to a cursing husband (needless to say I shut the door on him so our little mimic of a 2-year old doesn't pick up any more potty mouth) and Dave asks for towels and a blow dryer. Yes, Dave was in the backyard, wiping down and blowdrying a piece of wood!

Finally it was dry enough to put on the bed, and we assembled everything.

The cruelest part of the joke - after we assembled the bed, and Dave went to go outside to clean up the towels and mess... the sun was shining bright as could be! (I still laugh at this one!)

3 comments:

  1. Love the bed! PB Kids has some super cute baseball stuff right now. I am so tempted to buy it but since Nikos is still in the toddler "big" boy bed I figure I shouldn't jump the gun. - Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still not ready to laugh about it.......Ok, maybe I am! That was messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually feel sorry for Dave! The bed looks great though! Good job!

    ~Chrissy

    ReplyDelete