Pages

January 13, 2010

Reading into Independence

It was awfully quiet Saturday afternoon in the house while I was trying to clean up and get ready for a birthday party. Dave was out running errands, and I knew Drew was floating around somewhere. After a few moments, this is what I found:

Yes he was in his room (on his new big boy twin sized mattress - frame is yet to arrive) reading to himself. This particular story of choice - "Green Eggs & Ham". I tried not to interrupt too much, but he was doing quite well reading "I am Sam, Sam I am" and other topics on the pages.

I'm sure it's because Dave's read him the story a TON, not to mention we bought the movie - and it's now one of his favorites.

Periodically I could hear him reading "Llama Llama Red Pajama" and "Hop on Pop". Hey he was reading and behaving! Who was I to complain?

No comments:

Post a Comment