Pages

November 19, 2009

That's What Friends Are For

When I mentioned that we were going to Virginia for a friend's wedding, I received a lot of "looks" when people heard how we met... online.

That would have been me a few years ago too. But when life throws you together, and you have so much in common (we're all raising at least one 2 year old born within weeks of Drew) you can't help but be close. Despite that we have different parenting techniques, beliefs, and lifestyles - we all have one common denominator -- Our kids.

I know I've spoken about these ladies a few times, and seriously as everyday passes they grow more and more important to me. So it was a no brainer that when we learned one of our own was tying the knot, we had to be there. This same group of girls got together in January (photos of that are on my old blog) much to the dismay of the other members of our group. When we met up last week, it was like we all were together yesterday. I suppose that could be due to the fact we talk daily.....

Since we got returned from Virginia, I've been asked how the husbands got along. This was the first time they had met each other. I won't lie, Dave often thought I was nuts for having "online friends" and then he met a few of the girls and started to see where I was coming from. And he knows a lot of what's happened with this group of girls over the past nearly 3 years... since I fill him in on some of the happenings with the other kids in the group.


Well I have to say the husbands got along great! Dave didn't have a single complaint about anyone. I think the fact that they all had kids the same age, also helped them make a connection and eliminate a lot of awkwardness.

Well the plans are in the works for another gathering of my national mamas.... so stay tuned for more updates in the future.

And only 2 more days to leave your comments so I can turn them into cans for local families who are looking for a meal this Holiday Season. Thank you all to those who have left comments... but I want more!

5 comments:

  1. I like this! You are a good friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome!
    Oh, and of course the guys all got along! They're having beers together...what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously... what's not to like about ME?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this post Brenda! I can not to see you again and meet the other ladies in March... CANNOT WAIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah Kingdon-CostelloDecember 11, 2009 at 8:59 AM

    Well, I'm late the party...as usual...I cannot tell you how much I loved having you ladies be a part of my big day, it wouldn't have been the same without you all there. I am truly grateful to have such wonderful friends. Can't wait to see you again in March and eventually we'll make it out to your coast...

    ReplyDelete