Pages

November 16, 2009

Cans for Comments

Alright I have an exciting week of blogs coming on the horizon after our trip to Virginia for a friend's wedding. But rather than just share my joy with you, I'm going to turn it into something good for others!



That's right, this week, I'm going to see how many comments I get on various blogs - and then turn those comments into one can or non-perishable food item which will then donate to a local food bank. Face it, in these tough economic times the need is great, but food banks are getting fewer and fewer donations.

I confess, this idea is not an original one of mine, rather a good friend of mine from the Kansas City Area - Helen (aka Three Times the Giggles). This mother of 2 Year old triplets, started doing this last year, and invited me to join this year.

So this week, I'm pledging to donate one can for every comment left between now and Friday. So bring it on people! I want to see how much good you can do simply by leaving me a comment on my blogs! And my fellow bloggers, if you'd like to do the same, let me know!

Let's make this Thanksgiving memorable for Bay Area families in need.

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining me this time around Brenda! Hope you have to donate lots of food next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brenda~ I saw you commented on my blog so I tracked you down! :) Thanks for the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to support the food banks where there is such a shortage of donations this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics of the kids together in VA. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sweetie, What a great idea, I hope this comment counts. Love you

    ReplyDelete