Pages

May 14, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

It's almost scary that I can now have an "intelligent" conversation with my 2 1/2 year old.  Of course you'll be chatting along with him and he'll throw something random out there.  Here are a few unusual comments Drew has made in the past week or so:

  • "I feel so much better now" - this very sleepy, yet excited declaration was said as I pulled into the garage and he woke up after dozing for the 10 minute ride home from day care. 
  • "Frank peed on me" - Drew said this as he was throwing his bath toys into the tub, and one of the Fisher Price guys (who is I guess was christened "Frank") had water leaking out of him. Apparently left over from the previous bath.
  • "I'm gonna bust you up!" - picture Drew saying this with his fists raised in the air.  This is what he tells Dave when he's about ready to wrestle or wail on him.
  • "Mommy the sun is bothering me, put it in time out.  Stop bothering me sun!" - said often on our way to Day Care in the morning and the sun is blazing into the back seat of the car.  Drew is usually trying to "block" the sun using his hand.  Problem is, he's blocking his right eye, and the sun's beating him on the left side.
  • "Mommy kiss my teeth" - he asked me to do this over and over after he did a face plant at day care, tripping on his own feet.  Then Drew proceeded to get mad at me because I didn't "make it small again".  Apparently he has a little bit of a fat lip on the inside.
  • "Mommy, do you remember the garage sale (or any other random event)" - Drew apparently has a great memory!  He remembers so much, right now he's intent about talking about the garage sale from 2 weeks ago.  But he talks constantly about our Disneyland trip last September, our trip to Kansas City, the plane ride, and even our original Virginia trip when he saw his little girlfriend Leila!
  • "Daddy lay with me for 5 more minutes" - Said at bedtime when Drew doesn't want to be alone.  I thought you ask for 5 more minutes when you wake up in the morning.  Oh yeah - that's what we say to DREW in the morning.... Mr. Early Riser.
  • "Mommy/Daddy, I'm so proud of you" - after Dave or I come out of the bathroom.  I guess if Drew's potty training the whole family is potty training.
  • "That's my school! That's my school!" - while this isn't normally funny, the part that IS funny is that he thinks a water truck is his school (they're adding onto the church/preschool).  When we try to point out the building that really is his school, he tells us no, it's not. *sigh* there's still  no reasoning with a 2 1/2 year old...
  • "Mommy you go for a run like Rocky?" - said after I got back from a morning run.  He's infatuated with Rocky!
  • "Mommy, you do exercises!" - As he jumps onto my belly while I'm doing crunches, or puts a toy on my abs watching the toy go up and down.  This is followed by his version of push-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment