Pages

May 25, 2010

Long Time No See

This past weekend, Drew headed to Grammy and GrampC's for the night so Dave and I could attend a wedding for a friend from college - who I also happened to work with at a station in Santa Rosa.

The reception was at Huddart Park in Woodside, and thankfully the rain held off, but geez was it cold.  I managed to snag an area where there was sun for a good chunk of time, and I refused to move off of my "real estate."  That is until the sun moved and the entire area was covered in shade.

But while at this reception I saw a few faces I haven't seen since graduating from college in 1998!  Sorry for the blurry picture - Dave took it after he was scolded for getting in the way of the first shot.


Yes, that's John, Me, and Sam Adams.  Of all of us who were Broadcasting Majors (including Mark the groom) only Sam remains in the business - way to go!

I also ran into a former coworker from the station in Santa Rosa - and unfortunately my frozen brain didn't think to grab a picture with Chris.  I haven't seen him since I left that station in 2002 - so 8 years!  So it was great to catch up with him, and meet his fiance!

It was a great evening, but this former Minnesotan couldn't handle the cold anymore so we left and cranked on the heat.  (Technically the reception I believe ended when we left - so I look at it as not overstaying our welcome - rather than being a wimp.)

It really was in a pretty area - and before the reception Dave and I took a little nature walk and snapped a shot using the timer....

No comments:

Post a Comment