Pages

June 2, 2010

Spelling Wizard in the Making

I think we have a future spelling bee champ in the making - or else someone who will follow in GrampC's footsteps and read the unabridged dictionary for fun...

Drew picked up a new habit this past weekend... asking us how to spell anything and everything under the sun.  I'm not sure where it came from, but you could hear him asking constantly "How do you spell - 'tree' or 'grass' or 'tent'" etc.

He often was heard asking me this while we were sitting around the campfire in the evening and I could feel the stares of the group we were camping with... like "What the heck is your two year old asking about how to spell words?"


At least it was better than the question he asked the day we were packing up and leaving.  Drew looked down my shirt and asked "What's that?"  pointing his finger down the cleavage that was apparently showing.

Grammy got a good laugh at my expense.

2 comments:

  1. I have noticed Luke is enjoying spelling also. He only knows how to spell STOP, GO and LUKE. At dinner he wanted to know how to spell yes and no.
    He is also able to see the words on tv or in print and knows what they are. It is pretty exciting the learning that is coming from these LO's.

    ReplyDelete