Pages

June 26, 2010

Scrapbook Saturday - First Christmas

What a great reminder of many things with this page.  One, our first Christmas in Vegas.  And Two, how much weight I've lost since 2005 (OK so I was playing Santa in the pictures I selected, other shots were less than flattering though - trust me).


For this page I did something creative - well I thought so anyway.  I began with some dark green 12x12 cardstock for the background.  Then the "Santas" on the left side of the page were part of a 12x12 paper. (the red plaid at the bottom was all one sheet).

I opted to cut out the Santas from it's original paper - I thought it was too busy with all the plaid.  When I was trying to place it on the green cardstock it seemed like it needed something.  So I ended up pasting on a portion of the red plaid afterall - and then put the "title" on over that in matting.  The "1st Christmas" was a shadowed font from the cricut.  "Vegas" is from some letter punch-outs.

To add some contrast I added another lighter layer of green paper to the right side of the page.  I then trimmed my photos down at the top - I believe they were 3x3 or very close to it.  Then I also put the skyline shot of Caesar's Palace (which was taken from our hotel room) and put that at the center of the page.  I had some bracket embellishments that I put over the Vegas photo to get if a little pizazz. 

To finish I put two brads on the right side of the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment