Pages

June 30, 2010

Dining in DC with Friends

Some of the perks to traveling for work is:

A) you get to see new places
B) I get to visit and meet up with friends from around the country
C) I don't have to pay my dinner bill

As I do with every business trip possible I try and meet up with my friends who I wouldn't normally see.  This time I was lucky enough to catch up with a couple of them!

Friday night we met up with Mike and Sarah.  Sarah and I met online actually in my "Mommy" group and we've managed to connect a few times since then most recently in Kansas City in March.  The newlyweds took us to an amazing Italian restaurant in Georgetown - Filomena.

As we were waiting for our table to open up, we had the "pleasure" of watching a fairly young girl - well young by my standards (she was in her mid 20's at most) eat it right in the overcrowded lobby of the restaurant.  She either tripped over her own feet or just collapsed.  Obviously inebriated, Dave and Mike tried to help her to her feet.

My husband proudly claimed to see this young lady's thong as he came from behind her to help her up.  Mike had the dirtier job.. and professed he had the sweaty pits.  She then went back to her table completely humiliated - or perhaps she did get hurt (but if she was as drunk as it seemed she couldn't have been in too much pain yet).

Here's a picture one of the bussers took after dinner.  You can't tell from this photo, but Sarah's glowing - she's pregnant with a little boy :)


Of course when we first walked in, we were greeted by all the amazing desserts - so we of course vowed no matter how full we were, we'd each order a different dessert and share.


Seriously - look at these!  How can you say no to dessert?

On Sunday after work I met up with another online friend from Weight Watchers.  We met at another local eatery. Dave was going to join us, but decided to head to the hotel instead as he was desperately in need of a shower following his game in Baltimore.  Turns out he only got back to the hotel moments before I walked in (it took longer to get back than expected).

No pictures with Heather - Dave took the camera to the game, darn him.

This is what makes traveling for work so great -all the gatherings and of course the delicious grub!

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm.... dessert sounds good right now and it's not even lunch time yet!

    ReplyDelete