Pages

June 19, 2010

Scrapbook Saturday - Weekend Getaway

Oh, this spread makes me want to go back in time - to our weekend getaway last November.

This spread was inspired by an idea from a page someone posted to a website.  About the only thing that's the same, is the overlapping photos, and the layered papers.  The rest just came to be.

The paper on the right is technically the hot pink color, and the left page is a lighter purple color.  I then layered different shades of purple along the bottom of the spread.  Because the letters I'd cut out from the cricut were used in the same pink color as the background page, I had to add a dark purple layer to the upper left side of page one.

The photos on page one are matted in a light pink paper with "waves" across the paper.  On the right side, the pictures are matted with the same pink cardstock as the background on page one. 


The "You+Me" was an embellishment I picked up at Michael's.  And the "Together" embellishment underneath the sunset photo, is from that same kit.


I journaled on the hot pink and light pink matted paper - and added some brads to the corners.  The pink heart on the bottom of page one - was to hide the pen marks I made when I tried to add rhinestones in the shape of a heart. 


I had to remove the rhinestones because you couldn't tell it was supposed to be a heart.... so I free-handed a heart to cover up that mistake.  Shhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment