Pages

August 20, 2010

A Conversation With Daddy

A few days ago, Drew was sleeping in.... as in... it's-now-7:30am-and-Mama-needs-to-go-to-work-and-you're-not-up-yet. So Daddy pulled the short straw that day and had to bring Drew to preschool.

I get home that night with child in tow and and Dave told me about an interesting conversation he had with Drew...

Drew:  Daddy, I look like you.
Dave: I look like you?  Why does daddy look like a little boy?
Drew: No you're a big boy
Dave: Am I a kid?  Or am I a man?
Drew: No. You're not a man.  You're a big boy.

I would really love to have editing  rights and say that the conversation ended there... saying your Dad isn't a man... come on that's funny!  But in all fairness, here's how the conversation ended

Dave: Am I a big boy?
Drew: Yeah.  I'm a big boy too.

Dave said he really wanted to go back to the conversation about what color he was as I mentioned last week, but he chose not to. He really thinks it's funny that he's brown and I'm gray....

No comments:

Post a Comment