Pages

August 17, 2010

The Pressure is On

So in a brave moment, I decided to put some pressure on myself as well as some accountability... and yesterday I signed up for my longest race to date... a 10K!


Yes you read that right, a 10K (6.2 miles)!  My previous "long" race distance, a 4.2 mile race - the Tillman Run. 

I always do better when I have a race to look forward to, and I've wanted to get a 10K under my belt for some time.  Problem was I kept saying I can do it for my next race, but I stuck to 5Ks because that's what I'm comfortable with.  Well it's time to get out of my comfort zone and challenge myself.

At the end of October I'll head out to run in the Grape Stomp race, and I'm nervous and excited all in one.  Time to really hit the pavement now and train!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's Awesome and I know you can do it. You have always been one to face a challenge head on and overcome it. You know Drew and I will be there to support you all the way.

    ReplyDelete