Pages

August 6, 2010

Why We Really Have Kids...

I'm realizing lately the real reason we have kids.  To do the things we're too lazy to do as adults learn how to be responsible members of society. 

Case in point. 
  • If I don't feel like throwing something in the trash - say a napkin -  Drew jumps at the chance to "help Mommy".
  • Daddy left his socks on the living room floor?  Drew is happy to put them in the hamper/clothes basket.
  • Don't want to put all the dishes away from the dishwasher?  Tell Drew to to it.  He's great with the Tupperware and can get the silverware in the right drawer.  I guess I'll put all the breakable dishes away if I have to.
  • Tired of laundry?  Leave the pile on the floor and tell Drew to put it in the wash.
  • Didn't hear the phone ring?  Drew will announce over and over again "Moooommmmmm. Phooone!"
I knew there was a purpose to having kids - other than wiping butts, the middle of the night wake-ups, tantrums or listening to endless whining.

1 comment:

  1. Can my 18 year old borrow him for a while? She'd keep him busy! Also might keep her from having to live in the garage (my threat this week)!

    ReplyDelete