Pages

August 12, 2010

Toilet Talk

Here's a few toilet stories from last weekend...

Toilet Talk #1
Picture it, Saturday Morning.  I'm making breakfast, Dave's in his chair watching TV.  Suddenly there's a piercing scream coming from the bathroom.  Dave walks in to see Drew sitting not on, but inside the toilet.  It seems his little tush fell right in - with only his arms and hands hanging out.  It turns out Drew doesn't like it when Mommy and Daddy laugh at his misfortune.

Toilet Talk #2
Now a few hours after the terrifying toilet bowl suck, we're at Grammy and GrampC's house and Drew and Kady are running around the house.  After a few moments I notice the screaming/chasing stopped.  I go and investigate only to find Drew and Kady splashing each other with toilet water!  Who knows which one started that... but I will say that it's uncharacteristic of Drew to initiate something like that.  Follow someone?  Sure, but initiate?  I'm gonna throw my niece under the bus on that one :)

Toilet Talk #3
We're at Ms. Stephanie's house for a BBQ on Sunday and Dave is in the bathroom with Drew.  Here's the conversation that goes between the two of them as it's replayed for me:

Drew: "Daddy, why are you brown?"
Daddy: "What color is Drew?"
Drew: (Analyzes his arm) "Orange."
Daddy: "What color is Mommy?"
Drew: "Grey"

Great, thanks a lot kid.

2 comments:

  1. Grey. I just guffawed out loud at work. Totally busted the "I am working on this spreadsheet" myth. Darn.

    ReplyDelete