Pages

October 28, 2009

Ran Out of Steam

We got the call yesterday at lunchtime, that Drew was running a fever at day care - 101.6. So I picked him up and brought him home - where he happily played for HOURS.

But he started running out of steam while playing with his cars in his prime spot... One minute I heard the little hot wheels sliding across the kitchen, the next moment I saw this:

You may recall he did something similar when Dave was on nap patrol a few weeks ago.

So I carried him to bed where he took a 2 hour nap. He woke up with a persistent 101+ degree fever. He's also talking like his throat hurts, so we're monitoring him right now. There's a lot of crud going around, not to mention H1N1 fears.... so we'll see.

Overnight his fever reached 102.6 - and I gave him some more motrin and we cuddled until he fell back to sleep about an hour-and-a-half later. He woke up this morning 98.8... so let's hope it stays that way!

No comments:

Post a Comment