Pages

October 15, 2009

Drew Finds His Shadow Again - Daddy

Daddy left for a business trip on Monday afternoon - headed for Seattle. Everyday when I pick Drew up at day care he asks to "Go see Daddy".

So I say "Daddy's bye-bye, he's working". Drew gets home and runs for our office where Dave's usually working on the computer. I guess it's hard to explain the concept of working far away to a 2-year old.

Well Dave got home last night after Drew was in bed, me too for that matter. And this morning when I got up for my run, Drew happened to wake up also. Lately when he wakes up, you can hear this pitter-patter of him crawling out of his bed, to the doorway.

Daddy does the same occasionally, crawls out of bed and meets Drew in the hallway. Well Drew was squealing with delight when he saw Daddy was home!

"Daddy you wake up!" screams Drew as he runs into Dave's arms. It's moments like these you realize how much Drew loves his Daddy, and how big a part of him he is. I go to Drew to get my good morning kiss, and he refused to let go of the bear hug he had on Daddy.

Apparently my batting skills these past few days wasn't as good as Daddy's, he was asking to have Daddy "hit da bat" already this morning.

I think we're both happy to have Daddy home again!

In this picture, Drew is flapping his hands like an "airplane" - taken Saturday at the pumpkin patch. Yes another shameless way to get a few more patch pictures in...

No comments:

Post a Comment