Pages

October 5, 2009

In Transition

What's different about this room?

For starters, the crib is MIA. That's right, we've officially removed the crib. Since Drew's 2 year well visit last month, Drew's slept on the crib mattress on the floor (if you recall he'd developed a bad habit of sleeping in our bed - and he became phobic about his crib). Despite following Dr.'s orders we kept the crib assembled. One because I was hoping Dave would take it down, and two, I haven't had a chance to do it myself.

Well after weeks of waiting for Dave to make the move, I had to take things into my own hands. The crib which has called this room home since I was about 14 weeks pregnant, was disassembled, by me (if you want anything done, you've gotta do it yourself, right?).

So until we find a big boy bed for Drew, he'll continue to sleep on the floor on his crib mattress. At the moment he's not complaining too much - and I'm being picky about the furniture that will call this room home next (I want a trundle bed that matches all the current furniture in this room).

In the process of taking down Drew's crib, I had a purging experience. All the "baby" toys were put away for storage in the attic/garage. I went through the toys in the front room and Drew's toy box, and came out with this:

Believe it or not that blue tote is filled to the brim with rattles, teething rings, and other baby toys. Do I have my house back? Not by a long shot, but at least it doesn't look like Toys R Us completely threw up in our house.

So while I'm happy to have things thinned out around here, I'm sad to see the end of yet another phase. My baby boys is now a big boy. *Sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. I notice that you put the things in storage instead of donating them/selling them. Interesting... :)

    Heather

    ReplyDelete