Pages

October 27, 2009

Breaking Out the Polka Music

It's time to bring out the lederhosen, beer, brats and polka music - it's Oktoberfest!

Sunday it was the annual Oktoberfest celebration, and being the good Germans we are, we celebrated with a big feast and beer after the service. (Some of us didn't partake of the beverages after the party the night before - see yesterday's blog for more on that one...).

My morning started extra early, so I could make German Potato salad - my first attempt, and Dave said it turned out OK - I can't stand the stuff.

But as is tradition over the past few years, Dave (who is a German-wannabe on this particular day of the year), put on a little improv skit with another member of the congregation.


I wasn't able to catch much of the show, since Drew was busy climbing the amphitheater steps, and even was corralled by another member of our church, trying to climb his way into the street - I was snapping the above shot.

Before he tried to make his grand escape, I did catch a few shots of the action.


Finally, after Daddy's skit was done, he came out and we caught a cheesy smile shot.

We managed to get our food, but then had to scarf it down quickly, since Drew was having a hard time falling and staying asleep in my arms. The past two days apparently took their toll on him - he slept for nearly 3 hours!! Mommy and Daddy squeezed in a 2+ our naps ourselves - at home that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment