Pages

September 6, 2010

Most Annoying Question(s)

OK I'm going to go on a little rant today.... so I apologize ahead of time.

  • When you're single the most annoying question was... "Are you seeing anyone?"
  • When you're dating someone it's... "When are you getting married?"
  • When you're married it's... "When are you having kids?"
  • When you're pregnant it's... "When are you due?  What are you having? Have you picked a name?" (although admittedly none of those bothered me)
  • When you have your first child it's... "Are you going to have another?"
In most cases those are really innocent questions and I'm just as guilty of asking them of people.  I've learned from experience that not everyone wants to get married.  Not everyone is sure that they're at a good position in life to be married.  And never ask about kids!

For those who don't know, Drew took 9 months to conceive.  Month after month being disappointed, but it happened and we're blessed with an awesome kid.

We've been trying for #2 for much longer without luck and it's a sore subject.  So please stop asking me if we want more kids.  The answer is - yes.  And for heaven sakes stop asking me when - I wish I knew!

While you may think its an innocent question all it does is remind me (and others who can't get pregnant just by thinking about it) that I've gone yet another month without getting pregnant.  My goal was to have kids two years apart... and with Drew turning 3 next week obviously that's not possible.  And there you have it. So please for my sanity, stop asking!

OK rant over.  Have a great long weekend!

2 comments: