Pages

September 15, 2010

"I Survived"

Ok no pictures of this "torture" session - otherwise known as swim lessons.  But on Monday Drew had his first solo swim lessons thanks to a ridiculously great deal I found on a Groupon.  When I made the appointment more than a month ago they said they had Monday evenings open (as well as some other inconvenient time for us/me).  So he was signed up in the Preschool class - since he turned 3 the day before.

All day he was pretty excited to go to swim lessons.  Even while we were waiting for our session, Drew kept talking about how he wanted to swim.

Then his time came to get in the pool.

Lets just say for the 30 minute class, he screamed - hysterically - for half of the session.  They ended up having to bring some reinforcement teachers in because Drew was demanding all of her attention while the other kids were sitting on the stairs waiting.  It was horrible. The whole while I have the Director of the program telling me we may need to consider moving him with the babies - as in 12 months or less class where parents are in the pool. 

Finally one of the reinforcement teachers took her turn with Drew and he finally stopped crying, although the hiccup effect you get from crying that hard and long stuck around for a bit.  Eventually he started playing with the water toys and let the teachers bring him off of the pool steps.

Funny thing is after the class was over, Drew said he wanted to go back in next week! 

As he and I were in the locker room, I was telling him "See you survived.  It wasn't all that bad right? Why did you cry".  Drew's response "I was scared".

After he was dressed and we greeted Dave in the hallway, Drew said "I survived" and gave Dave a great big hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment