Pages

September 24, 2010

Minnesota Wrap-up

I admit to being a blogging slacker this past week.  I'll improve next week I promise!  Now to finally give you the real pictures of our trip to Minnesota - and the entire scoop.

Last Thursday we landed in Minnesota - but not without a little drama on the first leg of our trip.  The turbulence was pretty bad and Drew screamed for the last 15 minutes and puked all over himself moments after reaching the gate.  That was fun. 

The rest of the trip was uneventful except for my hacking - caused by my allergy/sinus problems.  One of the ladies sitting next to me even asked "How sick are you"?  Dude really?  Where are you gonna go on this full flight - it's just allergies!! I promise.

The Lady on the Moon and her husband, otherwise known as longtime family friends Steve and Kathy picked us up at the airport and brought us home to chat and have dinner.  Kathy was so sweet she handed me a glass of wine, some claritin and said sit back and relax.  She was happily entertaining Drew - I think she's just waiting for when her own Granddaughter is old enough to do the same.


On Friday I felt so miserable after staying up coughing all night that I was one unhappy Mama.  I kind of flaked on a friend who came out to see us and do something during the day in hopes that some newly found drugs and a quick nap will help me make it through the evening.  So we showed up - albeit late - to meet her and her family for dinner and a Twins Game!



Some of our gang....
Front: Drew, Kacia, Ryan, Jodi


On Saturday, we did the family hop around the Twin Cities.  I was horrible taking pictures!! During the afternoon we went to see Uncle Mike and a few of my cousins and their kids (one of my cousins I haven't seen in 10 years, nor ever met his daughter).  Here's the only shot I took all of Saturday with Uncle Mike (my Mom's brother).


That evening we headed over to my Aunt Ardy's house to see that side of the family (she's my Grandma's sister) and saw all my cousins most I haven't seen in too many years to fathom!  I was too busy visiting to ever pull out my camera, but Drew was a fairly good kid that evening despite going on his 3rd day in a row with a nap no longer than 20 minutes.

Sunday we went to breakfast with Jodi and Lauren (photos are in the previous blog) and then that afternoon we met up with my longtime best friend Chrissy and her family.  We met up at a park in Bloomington and took the boys for a walk and some playground time.  Funny - I manged to snap a ton of shots this time (it helps when you're hanging with a fellow blogger ;))



Drew, Aaron, Mitchell, Jake (I think I've got the right order for the last two... I can't tell from behind)


 L-R: Chrissy, Matt, Mitchell, Jake (again I can't tell from behind but I think I have them in the right order), Drew, Dave

The boys were having a blast stick hunting and then throwing them into the creek.


Chrissy and I after dinner.

While this trip was awfully fast, and I was miserable with this allergy/sinus thing, I'm thrilled we went and we had an absolute great time.  Hopefully next trip we'll be able to stay out there longer than just a long weekend.

And I'm happy to report the flight home was very quiet and mellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment