Pages

September 27, 2010

All Aboard!

Wow - what more can I say about the Napa Wine Train, but WOW!

We finally used the gift certificate we got at Christmas - yes I know it's September, and Christmas is around the corner again - and Grammy and GrampC kept Drew overnight so Dave and I could enjoy the afternoon in Napa.  We did the Gourmet Lunch option - late serving.  Therefore we were able to take in the sights, enjoy a glass of wine before having our meal.  And boy did we take full advantage!

The above photo is the one taken by the good folks at the Wine Train and then I snapped a photo of it with my phone.
Walking to our car - we were in the caboose for the first part of our journey.

And then the festivities begin!


Very fancy hors d'oeuvres. 

And then we ventured outside - literally hanging onto the "caboose". 



Afterward we went up 7 cars (one shy of the front) and hit up the wine bar for some wine sampling.  My personal favorite the Green and Red Zin.

A short time later it was time later we headed back for the most amazing lunch - Dave had super tender pork tenderloin, and I had the special of the day - swordfish.  It was too good not to share - so we each had half of both.

We did the same with dessert - creme brule and tiramasu (which was the most unusual yet delicious version I've ever had).  Our waiter snapped this picture after we totally stuffed our faces.


Absolutely a wonderful trip!  Very sweet and romantic - and yet Dave we made friends with several other riders.  So when can we do this again?

1 comment:

  1. That was so much fun Sweetie! I wish it lasted longer. I can't wait to do that again some time.

    ReplyDelete