Pages

October 25, 2010

First 10K - Accomplished!

I've accomplished my most recent running goal - finished a 10K race.  I was so happy, my pleading with Mother Nature worked.  The rain we had overnight held off just long enough for me to run and finish.  It hit as we were walking back to our car.  Whew!
 
I did end up walking for a bit during the race, I think because I was super thirsty around the first mile mark and guzzled some water.  No bueno.... About mile 4 I started to get a stomach ache.  And that's not so great while running... it leads to the nauseous feeling.  Or is it the other end???  Anyway it lead me to walk about 10 minutes total - off and on.

Even still I managed to finish with an overall time of 1:15:35.  I'm thrilled, my goal was to finish at about 1:15:00.

Here are some shots from the morning.  I'll go back and forth from my phone to pictures Dave took on the camera.


My view from the starting line


Dave's View... (that would be me with the arms up in the back.




And then from the course - on my phone.



Then there becomes a predicament - what do you do with a 3 year old for over an hour during a race? Well you feed him and give him a stick of course.



Then it's time for Mama to cross the finish!  I'm in the white shirt (toward the back of the photo)

 
 And my victory kiss!


Here's a video Dave got of me crossing the finish line - I love my cheering section!

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! Way to go lady! You looked awesome crossing that finish line. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!!! You did fabulous! I wish I looked half as good after finishing a piddly 5k! When I ran in August my mom told me I didn't look too good! Nice. Anyway, congrats and keep up the awesome work! ~ Chrissy

    ReplyDelete