Pages

July 6, 2009

4th of July Festivities - Pt. 1 of 2

We had so much fun this past 4th of July - and of course that means pictures galore. Rather than posting them all in one blog, I will separate them, giving you double your pleasure.

First up - the Danville Parade.

Since Dave and I moved back up to the Bay Area five years ago, we've come to the Danville Town Parade held every 4th of July. According to their website, it attracts up to 40,000 visitors (which is pretty good since the town has a population of a little more than 43,000 people).

There were 12 of us who all sat together this year - Drew and I, Grammy & GrampC, The Berta four, and the Nejib 4. Daddy was home sick, VERY reluctantly.

We all met at my friend Lisa's house, who lives within walking distance of the spot she and I camped out for the day before. (It's serious business, this Danville parade. If you want pristine parade route "parking" you need to get there plenty early to save your seats.)

Drew was happy getting towed to the parade...


And here's the wagon brigade headed from Lisa's house to the parade route.

From L-R: Emily, Lisa, Troy, Stephanie, Trevor (pulling the cooler up ahead), Drew, GrampC, Grammy (not picture Mason, Brian, & Mike who were all using the potty one last time).

Here we are curbside just before the parade starts...


And one of the creatures in the parade had his sights set on Drew...




















And last but not least, my favorite picture from the day.


Up next - the remainder of our day. Pool parties, BBQ & Fireworks.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a good time. I wanted to see the looks on my little boy's face. This sickness hit me at the worst possible time! I wish I could say I had a Happy 4th but I didn't. Love you.

    ReplyDelete