Pages

July 24, 2010

Scrapbook Saturday - Zoo Day

We've joined the Oakland Zoo, so I know I'm going to have an abundance of these types of pages.  But this particular one happens to be Drew's first trip to the zoo.


I have to say I was really  happy how this came out since I had NO IDEA what I was going to do when I started.  All I knew is I wanted to use the giraffe paper, but it was so busy I wasn't sure how I was going to tone it down.

So what I did was get a beige piece of cardstock and trim it down so that the giraffe paper looks more like a border.  It then used some tan paper as a border for things like the title and an area which ended up being used for embellishments and the date.

I cut the three photos on the right side down so they were about the same size and then spaced them apart and left the larger photo to be Drew and Daddy looking at the giraffe exhibit.

The title "Zoo Day" was some stickers from a random kit I had recently ordered on Peachycheap.com (which for those who aren't familiar with it - it's a great scrapbook resource of daily deals!).

By the way this completes all the scrapping I did with my Mom that weekend in May when we cropped until we dropped - as a Mother's Day gift to ourselves. I hope you've enjoyed the sneak peek at what  I managed to accomplish.

1 comment: