Pages

May 18, 2010

We Cropped Until We Dropped

What a weekend - my Mom and I literally cropped until we dropped!  As a belated Mother's Day gift to ourselves we decided to hideaway and get some much needed scrapbooking done.

After we both got off work on Friday we headed over to a nearby Embassy Suites where we checked into our room, and then immediately headed down to the Manager's Reception - a.k.a free booze and appetizers.

Then we went back up to the room and opened another bottle of wine while we unpacked our plethora of scrapbooking supplies, and laid claim to where our crap tools would sit for the next two days.  We then sat up chatting for a few more hours then headed to bed.

Saturday morning we did the responsible thing and headed to the hotel gym.. where I again was met with a shortened run thanks to the hot air.  I think I'm destined to be an outdoor runner - not on treadmills.  After working out it was off to our free made to order breakfast and then down to business - 14 hours of non-stop scrapbooking.  OK we did take about a 2 hour break for the Manager's Reception again (more free booze!).

Here's a snippet of what we did all day...


Yes wine makes cropping all that much better!


This is just a little bit of my mess... the table is doing a great job hiding all the other crap that's on the floor, and if I'd have turned the camera around you could see all of Mom's crap.....


Here's a page from the book Mom's working on....


And then here's everything I did.  I'll have a detailed look at all of these pages over the upcoming Scrapbook Saturday posts...
We kept saying how great it was to have 100% uninterrupted time for scrapbooking.  Usually when we get together we're dealing with children/spouses/guests/phone calls/making dinner/getting home by a certain hour etc.  We really want to do this twice a year - and perhaps inviting others.  This hotel had adjoining rooms!  So we can all share our crap with each other! (Hint, hint to our MN family fellow scrappers....)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun and were very productive. Wish I could have done it with you. I have 3.5 weeks until graduation and have sophmore prom, all of junior year (including spain/italy trip) and senior year. Oh and have to go back and do 8th grade DC trip. Might have to give up either work or sleep. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete