Pages

July 21, 2010

Boston: The Real Tour

OK I'm feeling a little better posting this time around... so I'll share with you the tour of Boston as seen from the camera versus the cellphone look you got yesterday (due to my fatigue and laziness).

To give my story justice I have to tell you - I came out to Boston a day earlier than needed so I can stay with one of my Mommy friends who lives in the area.  She was gracious enough to let me stay at her house and we went out to dinner on Saturday night and then drinks and dessert.  The next morning she took me to the craziest store EVER!

It's a furniture store - Jordan's - and inside they have... well furniture, but also a Trapeze School, a fountain light and music show, an Imax theatre, Jelly belly statues and store... and did I mention furniture?  Right when you walk in you're also greeted by a giant Green Monster eating a Yankee's player.


Sadly this was the only picture I got while I was there!  How horrible am I?  It just goes to show what a great time I was having and couldn't be bothered with such things as a photograph.

As I mentioned yesterday, my "tour of Boston by foot in a day" started with our look and walk around Fenway.  We made about 1 1/2 trips around the ballpark, but we did get a sneak peak inside.


Then we sat in a glove - ha!


From Fenway we took the Subway to Harvard - I have to say we were pros by the end of the day on the subway!!  Here's the only picture I apparently snapped with the camera of Harvard.


From Harvard we headed toward the Freedom Trail.  We got to the first and second location - Boston Common, and the State House and got side tracked with a little detour - Cheers!  We sat right at Carla & Cliff's seat - see....



After a pit stop which included a beer at Cheers we were refreshed enough to continue our venture along the Freedom Trail.  Rather than give you the entire history lesson here are just a few of the sights along the way.

The cemetery where Paul Revere and the victims of the Boston Massacre reside...

The Old South Meeting House (where Ben Franklin was baptized, and colonists challenged British rule)


Paul Revere's house - if memory serves me it's the oldest standing all wood house in the US.  I could look it up, but darn it I'm too lazy at the moment.  If you notice this area has cobblestone streets!! It's in North End or what looks like Little Italy.


The picture above is a shot of a Paul Revere monument with the Old North Church in the background... you know "One if by land, Two if by Sea" the lanterns to announce how the British were advancing.  The shot below is a different look at the Old North Church, which was also the conclusion of our escapade.


After this we were in search of the "T" (Boston's Mass Transportation system).  My feet were killing me.  And it was dinnertime.  So we headed back to the hotel for dinner.  Oh we didn't finish the Freedom Trail... there were still a few more things to hit.  Hey a girl's gotta have a reason to come back next year!

Oh and as a little birthday treat for myself today - I get to fly home late tonight to see the family.  Bummer the best part of my birthday will be working in Boston then traveling home.

No comments:

Post a Comment