Pages

July 20, 2010

Boston: A Cell Phone View

Because I'm writing this late at night in Boston and my feet hurt too much to walk across the room to drag my camera out of my purse (we're talking a distance of maybe 8 feet) - I'm going to first show you a look at Boston as seen from the photos I took on my cellphone today.  I show you these images from my phone because it emails me a copy of the message I send.  Therefore no walking. No moving.  No extra effort on my part.  Oh these are the pictures I sent back to the corporate office.  To everyone left behind to actually work on a Monday!

Let's just say I think we saw all of Boston in a single day - and I walked it wearing flip flops for fear of putting a real shoe on with my broken toe.  Yes I'm a woos.

The first shot is from Fenway Park - home of the Green Monster.  They were preparing for an upcoming soccer game by laying new sod.  So we snapped a few pictures of the field.  My shot from the Blackberry isn't as good as the one on my camera... but you'll have to wait for that.


From Fenway we caught the subway over to Hahvahd as the locals call it.  You and I may know it as Harvard.  Here we're on the steps of some random building.  I still can't get passed all the brick buildings out here. It's not like you can find that in California.  You know, for fear of earthquakes.


After Harvard we decided to walk the Freedom Trail - all the historical sites dating back to the 1600's through the Revolutionary War.  But we did make a pit stop shortly after we hit the first marker....


Wait... you mean Cheers isn't on the Freedom Trail?!  Oops.  Well we still had a good beer to keep us moving for the rest of our trip.  I'll be sure to share with you the whole story in the next day or so.  Once my feet have a bit of a rest and I can make the trip across the hotel room to grab the camera....

1 comment:

  1. Oh my God! Sweeheart, I feel so bad. How did you break, your toe? Well,that's a bummer. Brenda, I hope that you heal well and have a speedy recovery. Plenty of calcium.
    What beautiful pictures from down at David and Yolanda's. Especially the one with the three of you and Nana.
    Stay off your feet and relax as much as you can. Your such a worker!, young lady. I love you Brenda. Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete