Pages

February 7, 2012

We Turned a Corner

Wouldn't  you know it, I leave town for a weekend (well nearly 2 weeks ago now) and Dave manages to get Drew back in his room at night!  That's right, Drew has more-or-less overcome his fears and is now sleeping in his room at night.  WooHoo!

This is the picture Dave texted me my first night in LA.





That's right, he's remained there the better part of the past nearly 2 weeks.  There have been a few nightmares and nights where he wanders into our room and after the 5th or 6th attempt we finally cave and let him finish sleeping in our bed - just because we're so exhausted ourselves from the previous 4-5 times he came in.

So later this week we are going to reward him with a trip to Chuck E Cheese.  We're so proud of him and even better yet he's so proud of himself!

Now for a little side story - nothing to do with sleeping, but I have to write this down or else I'll forget.  On our way to school today Drew and I were talking about  how many years of school he has ahead of him - discussing grades K-12 and then college.    We had the following discussion:

Drew: When I am done with high school I will go to college, and I'll become a Daddy when I'm there.
Me: No you can become a Daddy after you finish college and you start working.
Drew: OK my brother Marco will be a Daddy then too after college.  And my sister Violet will be a Mommy after College too.

No this is not an announcement about any upcoming additions to our house.  Drew has an imaginary brother and sister or rather wishful thinking on his part that he will eventually have a brother and a sister, which he has already named Marco and Violet.  And apparently they're going with him to college to become Mommies and Daddies together. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh! My funny boy and his imagination. Where does he get it? It's pretty funny though that he picked the name Violet. It's his great grandmothers name that shares his birthday that he and I never met. God Rest her Soul. Pretty Crazy!

    ReplyDelete