Pages

February 8, 2012

Bye Bye Sugar Bugs

We are cavity free this morning - well Drew is, I go in next week for my own.  But Drew went back to the dentist this morning to get his cavity removed/filled.

On the way to the Dentist, he announced he wanted to be a dentist when he grows up.  I thought it was awesome he said that - clearly his first visit went well.  I was anxious to see if he felt the same after today's.

He got to the office and was a little shy, but warmed up to the hygienist, the same one we had last time who took so much time with him to show him the tools and explain the process in language he understands.  I swear they're awesome there!  So then it came time for me to wait in the waiting room and I could hear Drew telling stories about Rocky while he was being given the laughing gas. 

He did awesome!  No crying - and thankfully still no puking, since I was still nervous with them being in his mouth a bit more.


He came out 3 stickers and a parachuting army man heavy and a cavity lighter.  His only concern when it was time to leave... that we make sure to take the wad out of his mouth before he got inside school because he didn't want the other kids to laugh at him.  The wad is only to prevent him from accidentally biting or playing with the numb lips/cheek.

I warned school about him - they noticed he was quieter than usual when we walked in.  So tonight's reward for being so good at the dentist and sleeping in his own bed is a date with Chuck E. Cheese.  Yes I'm popping the advil already!

1 comment:

  1. I am so Proud of my little Man. Wow! No crying, whining or puking. That is Great! Hopefully no more Sugar bugs.

    ReplyDelete