Pages

February 16, 2012

My Little Valentine

Anyone who knows me well, knows I don't celebrate Valentine's Day.  I flat out boycott the holiday, but I don't let Drew know that since someday I'm sure he'll meet and fall in love with a woman who is my polar opposite... a far as this holiday is concerned anyway.

So I bucked it up and went to Drew's Valentine's Day party at preschool.  Getting 30 kids together to accept 30 different forms of sugary packages... let's just say I was happy to be back in the quiet of my office when all was said and done.

Drew had a great time though!


I arrived fashionably late - and got there when the kids were enjoying their snacks.  Drew didn't see me sneak in at first.


After snacks, the teachers had the kids go to the "library" and find books to read while they cleaned up from the snacks.  Drew was the only one actually reading.  I read the story to his friend Naomi - the girl over his shoulder.


Then it was time to gather their valentine mailboxes!


This is where things were especially chaotic!  Helping 30 kids pass their treats out one at a time and make sure no one was skipped... craziness.  I didn't get any pictures of that since I was helping 1-2 kids at a time.

After receiving Valentines - the Director came in and they all did a little dancing and song.


I have to say it was really cute, and Drew did great when it came time for me to leave.  Usually he's ticked because other kids leave (the Part Timers) while he has to stay.  Despite my loathing for this holiday, I had a decent time and it was kind of cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment