Pages

October 14, 2011

Preschool Pumpkin Patch Day

Holy photos batman! I knew I took a lot of photos intending to share them with Drew's preschool photo share site, but there were a lot of great ones of him too.  Sorry for the photo-fest you're about to receive...

Yesterday was the pumpkin patch day for Drew's school and I managed to get a few hours off work to help out.  Well helping out in the bigger class is more along the lines of watching and assisting when needed.  We started out by going on a bear hunt (I was in this hunt so I didn't get many pictures, and those I did get were blurry from all the running kids.

So here the kids are getting their cookies so they can make pumpkin faces with frosting and candy.

Drew had to be told many times to not eat anything before he decorated it...

I'm not sure what the sticker dot is all about - he told me he felt like putting it there.


Notice the bites out of the "smile"... clearly patience and four year olds don't go well together.

After decorating and eating their cookies and having snacks, Drew and his pal Troy wanted their pictures taken while acting goofy.  Some things don't change at school either.

Then after getting the kids high on sugar it was time to quiet them down for a story.


After stories, they each got a bag with their name on it and were given instructions that they had to pick ONE pumpkin, ONE gourd, and ONE corn.  And the pumpkin had to be just right.. big enough that their own muscles would carry it.

See what Drew did with his bag? 


Yes that's my son with a bag over his head.  He's his father's son, what can I say?

What was great about this event is they brought the "pumpkin patch" to us - no field trips!  They set it up in front of the church where he goes to school.



Of course Daddy arrived as I was trying to get Drew to look at the camera.  I don't win out to Daddy shouting "GooGoo Necks!  Oh GooGoo Necks!" (One of Dave's many nicknames for Drew).

Mommy and Drew


And Daddy and Drew staring into the sun.


They let kids stick their hands inside the pumpkins... of course mine was the one who nearly threw up from doing so.  Guess we know that Daddy will clean out our pumpkins again this year (I'm allergic and Drew pukes).

He was much happier decorating his pumpkin!



Afterward he told me I had to join him on the turtle/dinosaur.


Where he instructed me in his best airline pilot voice to "fasten your seatbelt because we're goin' on a ride". 

Of course we can't forget about Rocky...

It was a great afternoon at school.  He was a bit disappointed because we were leaving and he had to stay behind.  Gotta love the warm temps we had!  Low 80s and it felt every bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment