Pages

October 20, 2011

Playing Tourist

This week I'm in the city of brotherly love for work, but I did manage to get a little down time to play tourist. Being the history buff I am, I love coming to Philadelphia and seeing the sites - I wasn't an American history minor for nothing.

In the past two or three years I've been to Philly at least five times - twice this year alone. But I've never been inside Independence Hall - for one reason or another. Well this trip I hauled my way down there determined to get a ticket - and I did!







For those who haven't studied American history in a while, it's here that our Founding Fathers signed the Declaration of Independence as that painting shows.









Recognize this room? It's the room from the painting above.



And then we headed upstairs to the long gallery. This is where the Americans held parties and when the Brits occupied the building, used it for a jail and weapons room.









It was awesome to go inside and see a piece of history.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment